Friday, August 18, 2006

Fantasy football sacks work production

This was in the news today:

"Office workers combing the league wire for running backs or back-up quarterbacks are part of a growing number of fantasy football owners costing employers as much as $1.1 billion a week in lost productivity."

Sorry, I just don't get it. You are not playing a sport, you are pretending too on line? I think I would understand it better if you boys were playing fantasy bikini girls or something, but "fantasy" football? I don't know, I don't get it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Fantasy Bikini Girls"? If there is such a league, please let me know so I can draft Hasselhoff in the first round... For those of you who don't understand, my little crocodile hunter being one of them, in a "Fantasy Football League", you are not pretending to do anything. We know that we're not actually the ones playing the games on Sunday, but it is in fact the players we strategically analyze and then pick, that go out there and get the points for us. You stated the obvious that we're not actually "playing" football... Yea I'm pretty sure we all know that! I tried that once, but it's kinda tough to throw a computer across the room... Anyway, Fantasy Football is more of a hobby. Kinda like chasing kangaroos, or writing blogs of Lindsay Lohan or planning to have an illegitimate love child with Hugh Jackman... Come on Steve Irwin, you know what I'm talking about!! While some of these fantasy football leagues are free, most of them have an entry fee. These leagues are usually done among friends which gives us a great excuse to have a couple beers and share a few laughs. It's also a type of investment, because if you by chance win your Fantasy league, then you also collect on a nice little pot. It might be hard to see from "Down Under" but Fantasy Football is actually a productive and entertaining part of our society! I strongly suggest you get to know more about it if you want to succeed in obtaining your "Entertainment Visa"...

P.S. K-Fed Is The Man!

U.S.A. All The Way...

Sincerely,
A Fantasy Football Advocate...

Talk To You Soon Mate!