Monday, May 14, 2007

Fairy bread

I will have to check with my Aussies, but what the heck is "fairy bread"?. Do fairies actually make it? I just read about it somewhere and have no idea what it is. I think it also said that it had 100's of millions on it. (For Americans, 100's of millions are sprinkles, but Aussie's are very literal when they name things, and I love that! Ex- here is a road that is long & runs along the ocean. Guess what they call it? The Great Ocean Road. That just kills me.) I just have this image now of Liv Tyler in her Lord of the Rings outfit making magic fairy bread.

4 comments:

carpe diem said...

Ah, yes...the infamous "fairy bread". It's done here at most children's birthday parties and I reckon my dd only likes it BECAUSE it's called fairy bread. (we're Yanks as well) It is white bread, buttered (or mar-gar-ined) with the 100's of millions pressed (rather firmly, so they don't fall off) into it. Usually cut into triangles or if you're really ambitious, little stars, hearts and whatnot. Hope that helps, and BTW, Congrats on the award!! You deserve it, as you're funny as all get-out! I hope you get into Oz, someday. Whereabouts did you visit when you came?

Anonymous said...

It's "Hundreds & Thousands"..not 100's of millions.

carpe diem said...

Yep, yep, my bad....was just going with the flow, there...After said bag is opened, it needs to be put into a container b/c it lasts forever!! (and you don't want THOSE all over your house, do you?)Therefore, I could not go and check the original packaging. Thanks for the correction, though.

Yaussie Girl said...

Don't know how to reply just to you carpe, but this time I went to Adelaide, Canberra, and Sydney!