Monday, June 25, 2007

I think I can, I think I can....

Apparently the Japanese company Hitachi is developing a machine that tracks the flow of blood in your brain & translates them into an electric signal. Basically this means you can change the channels on your tv by just thinking about it. They want to create a tv remote control that uses this technology so that you can change what you are watching just by using your thoughts.
Ok so not only is this ridiculously creepy, is this not the epitome of laziness? I mean really, first no one wanted to get up to change channels so they invented the cable box with the long wire attached. Then they invented the modern wireless remote control, but now this thing can "read your mind" so you don't even have to push a button? But can you imagine if you just thought about something and then it could happen? Let's test it:
"I want to marry Simon Baker, I want to marry Simon Baker.....I want to live in Australia....I want to meet Bert Newton...."

No comments: